Last Update: February 29, 2016
There are other legal documents that you should be aware of including the Terms and Conditions available at < https://windowguardcanada.com/terms-of-use/> on our Website (including those that apply to specific programs and services
Other Information Collected
In addition, we may collect the following information:
- demographic information such as postal code, preferences and interests
- information you provide when requesting information or publications from us
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To provide you with the information you have requested.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send you promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the Website according to your interests, or we may strip it of your personal information and provide generalized, anonymous information to third parties or use such anonymous information internally.
- If required, we may disclose your personal information:
- to third party service providers with whom we have a contractual agreement to perform functions such as data processing, database services or information technology support; and
- to persons for whom you have provided your consent (including through your chosen social networks);
- as otherwise permitted or required by law.
- In the event we sell our business or assets, or enter into such other change of ownership or other business transition, such as a merger or acquisition, in such case we may disclose your personal information to a purchaser or other acquires.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our Website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on our Website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at sales@ WindowGuardCanada.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you at anytime. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to 1621 Main Street East, Hamilton, ON. L8H 1C4
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.